Michael H. Drought, Director, 2000 Jenkins Fine Arts Center
Scott Eagle, Assistant Director, 2000 Jenkins Fine Arts Center
Kate LaMere, Assistant Director, 2000 Jenkins Fine Arts Center
The School of Art and Design has been continuously accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design since 1962. The School offers three undergraduate degree programs and two minors.
Transfer Student Information
Students wishing to transfer art credits after acceptance to East Carolina University (Admission and Readmission, Transfer ) must have their course work evaluated for transfer credit. In order to determine the appropriate application of art course credit to degree requirements at ECU, the School of Art and Design (SOAD) will evaluate each art course according to the following:
- Art courses for which transfer credit is requested must be listed on the School of Art and Design transcript form. The items to be included are title of the course, number of the course, semester or quarter credit hours, and full name of instructor.
- A catalog or copies of appropriate pages describing the transfer course must be submitted.
- For foundation credit, examples of work or digital documentation showing all studio projects completed must be submitted.
- For upper-level credit, a minimum of six and a maximum of fifteen examples of work or slides for each studio course to be evaluated must be submitted. These examples should show the entire range of projects completed in each course. Each item or slide must be labeled to identify the class in which it was produced.
- Art history course credit must be accompanied by a listing of texts used and submission of copies of papers written for art history; the latter requirement may be waived in lieu of an interview with the curricular coordinator.
- Credit transferred from two-year institutions will only be applicable to freshman and sophomore course requirements.
- Recommendations concerning the approval of credit in art courses will be made by the area coordinator to the director. The director will then inform the student of the applicability of credit and remaining requirements for the degree program.
All information and examples of work listed above must be received by the School of Art and Design at least one week before summer orientation day for transfer students entering fall semester and no later than December 1 for students entering spring semester.
CoursesAnimation/Interactive DesignArt Courses for the Non-Art MajorArt and DesignArt EducationArt HistoryCeramicsCommunity Arts ManagementDrawingFilm and Video ProductionPage: 1