May 19, 2022  
2012-2013 Undergraduate Catalog 
2012-2013 Undergraduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Child Life, BS

Freshman and transfer students may declare child life as a major. Students must achieve and maintain a 3.0 GPA to remain in the program. Prior to internship (CDFR 4415 ), students must have completed the following courses with a minimum grade of B (3.0): CDFR 1103 , CDFR 2000 , CDFR 2001 , CDFR 2021 , CDFR 3002 , CDFR 3150 , CDFR 3413 , CDFR 4200 , CDFR 4210 , CDFR 4303 , CDFR 4993 , NUTR 1000 . Students must have a 3.0 GPA to enroll in the child life internship and to graduate as a child life major. (Note: Completion of a BS degree with a major in child life does not include certification as a child life specialist. The Child Life Certifying Committee of the Child Life Council oversees the administration of the certification examination. The Department of Child Development and Family Relations will verify completion of degree requirements, but meeting other requirements for certification is the responsibility of each candidate.) In addition, child life internships are only available to students enrolled in a degree completion program. Minimum degree requirement is 126 s.h. of credit as follows.

3. Cognates - 9 s.h.

5. Electives to complete requirements for graduation.